Head of Real Estate Portfolio & Strategy
Mackinnon Bruce International is partnered with a dynamic European market leading fashion brand, who focuses on providing substantially affordable fashion. Due to expansion in the real estate department, my client is looking to recruit a Head of Real Estate Portfolio & Strategy to join their regional Real Estate Team. This role will report directly into the Director of Real Estate Europe. They will work closely with the country and cluster heads to ensure alignment at the local level.
- Responsible development and implementation of country strategy growth plans to promote optimisation across the real estate portfolio and align the overall direction of the business.
- Responsible for driving business plans and strategies aligned with corporate objectives.
- Identifying tactics per sore and defining Actionable Improvement Plans to assess performance and financial impact.
- Creation of optimisation plans for both online and offline networks, ensuring profitable results.
- Working closely with the Director of Real Estate Europe to support real estate portfolio growth and strategic direction across all stores. Responsible for the creation of country strategic real estate strategies.
- Responsible for delivery of real estate services working closely with other departments such as Project Management and Governance to align on strategic goals.
- Creation of broader objectives to ensure alignment strategy and results.
- Sit on the Real Estate Committee to work alongside key stakeholders to examine business cases to build on financial feasibility and optimisation.
- Establishing and managing regional and local real estate plans including benchmarks, ranging from team performance to dealing with metrics and pipeline conversion.
- Develop well-informed strategies to amplify value and input into the real estate portfolio across Europe.
- Overseeing build-out and management of tools, systems, and reports that streamline individual and team workflows.
- Support clear communication of regionals and local policies, best practices, and standards.
- Work closely with Business Development teams in regard to strategic future expansion plans.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in retail real estate with experience store growth and optimisation.
- Strong real estate background with a thorough understanding of feasibility and optimisation studies.
- Strong knowledge of the retail real estate industry with sound analytical and financial acumen.
- Has the ability to work with and present new initiatives confidently and concisely to senior stakeholders within the business to ensure the best outcomes for the company as a forward-thinking business.
- Can manage both the daily operational needs of the business as well as providing long term strategic plans.
- Experienced and skilled in driving strategic optimisation methods.
- Excellent and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experienced leader with a proven track record in developing retail real estate strategies.
- Fluency in English.
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excels under pressure and can maintain a calm demeanour.
- A highly resourceful problem solver and a quick learner.
- Has an innovative and forward-thinking mindset, looking for an exciting challenge and change.
- Ability to see the bigger picture and operate with a helicopter view.
- Ability and confidence to challenge ideas.
- Strong financial acumen and an analytical approach.
- Demonstrable communication and influencing skills required to operate with credibility to senior stakeholders.