Who are we?
Goodman is the largest industrial property group listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the largest listed specialist fund managers of industrial property and business space globally. In total, we have a team of around 1.000 people in 26 offices worldwide throughout Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Continental Europe, the United Kingdom, North America and Brazil. Our Continental European headquarter is based in Belgium and we are active in 7 European countries.
As a specialist global industrial property group, Goodman owns, develops and manages industrial real estate in strategic locations around the world. We offer high quality and sustainable logistic solution for the biggest actors of ecommerce, logistics, automotive, etc. such as Amazon, Zalando, DB Schenker, and many more…
What will the role involve?
As part of the Analytics team, you are responsible for the end-to-end follow-up and financial analysis & reporting for a specific set of regions within the Continental Europe (CE) property development business. You will track projects starting from feasibility, throughout construction, up till completion, transaction and valuation. Furthermore, you’ll ensure business reality is accurately reflected into financials and insights are comprehensively reported to management. Striving for continuous quality and efficiency improvements throughout this journey is a must.
Who are we looking for?
- Analysis and follow-up of ongoing and upcoming development projects
- Review of feasibilities and investment papers for potential development opportunities
- Project cost and progress tracking with regional business development and technical teams, particularly in relation to potential risks, construction timing and financial performance versus underwriting
- Conduct financial risk analysis (credit checks) on potentials customers and general contractors
- Report to CE and Group management, both on project and portfolio level:
- Prepare comprehensive development reports on actual/expected profits, risk exposure and cash
- Drive budgeting and forecasting process for the CE development business, including accurate financial modelling
- Prepare upcoming transactions together with the Capital Transactions, Investment Management and Valuation teams
- Master the portfolio statistics such as commitments, work in progress, completions, leases signed, rental growth, valuations etc.
- Drive identification and implementation of improvements to finance-related systems, processes and controls
- Be the link between local teams and Group/CE management as well as the single point of contact within CE for various development-related queries
He/she Has Following Qualifications
You have a Master in civil/ industrial engineering or architecture, preferable with a complementary business/finance degree, combined with a first relevant experience.
How it's like to work at Goodman?
- Strong communicator
- Analytical thinker and problem-solver
- Critical mindset complemented with constructive attitude
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English, any other European language is an asset
Goodman is constantly working on enhancing agility and increasing well-being at work. In order to reach those objectives, we work in collaborative teams to fulfil three basic human needs: affiliation, growth and self-direction.
We have a flat organization structure, which offers you space to grow, possibility to have responsibilities and take leadership of many things no matter your level of experience and your role. That means we offer you flexibility and freedom in your day to day job within a feedback culture.
So no overriding managerial hierarchy that holds responsibility for the organization. All Goodman employees have autonomy to take initiative and have space to grow as professionals and as persons. We strive for an open feedback culture where we learn from each other and where distributed leadership offers everyone opportunities to take on new challenges more easily.
We create space for your greatness!
Still interested to join? Apply now!